Douala 15 May 2016.
Viola Llewellyn to host Webinar: “Out of Africa: A Global Fintech Revolution”
Viola Llewellyn, Chief Operations Officer at Ovamba Solutions, Inc. will host a webinar on the FinTech revolution in Africa. The Webinar, themed “Out of Africa: A Global FinTech Revolution”, will take place on Thursday, 19th of May 2016 at 3PM West Africa Time or “on-demand” afterwards. The Webinar will last for 59 minutes and participants can register for free HERE
The other panellists are Akin Sawyer of Feleman, USA and Gerald Rasugu of GSMA, U.K.
With regards to the FinTech revolution in Africa, we have to look at the growth of Continental African start-ups. This burgeoning group are innovating in both product and servicing areas to address the gaps left by traditional financial service institutions.
The webinar promises to provide insights into a variety of key topics covering:
- The contextual meaning behind data or lack thereof in Africa
- Creating a sustainable ecosystem for African SME funding within a FinTech construct
- “It’s about scoring” – alternative methods of financing, setting investor expectations, and mitigating risk
- New models in credit risk assessment across all financial products: The key to unlocking greater uptake of mortgages, loans, insurance etc.
- “Is our continent ready for new financial products?” How to meet the needs of various segments of African entrepreneurs: Micro insurance, payment systems, mobile money, insurance
- Payments, BlockChain, BitCoin and digital currency – “what about it?”
- “Culture meets Capital” How do the different cultural groups on the continent address their relationship with technology
- “Bridging the Gap” – Increasing the flow of money across borders and the landscape of remittances.
To sign up for the webinar and participate register for free TODAY at Bright TALK @ http://bit.ly/1ZMdbS2.
If you have any questions or topics that you would like addressed during the webinar, email your questions to the host at viola.llewellyn@Ovamba.com
For additional information contact